Sunday, December 11, 2011

Boon's Sunday Sermon #17 - Naughty or Nice

The Elf on the Shelf story and tradition has become a fast growing phanomen across the country and probably worldwide.  In case you are not familiar with the adorable tale, let us educate you.

Upon arriving in your home, the elf must be named.  Once named he receives his North Pole magic.  Then he travels from your home to the North Pole during the night and back to your home to appear in a different place the next day.  If touched by human hands, he loses his magic.  He's Santa's special helper and delivers news of the children's behavior to him for determination as to whether they should be on the naughty or nice list.

Our home was happy to jump on board with this new tradition (my kids know that their dad is the 'real' Santa, but enjoy playing along) and "Elvis" joined our home a few weeks ago.  Not to leave the dogs out, we were happy to find "Cane" on our trip to Raising Cane's earlier this week.  Now our pups have their own version.  It has been a delight to see the kids jump up each morning to see where the elves have landed for the day and even more of a delight that the dogs haven't chewed them to shreds.... yet.

While it is fun to pretend that Santa is watching and making a list and checking it twice, it isn't reality.  Santa is a myth - a lovely and fun tradition but nothing more.

Christmas is about CHRIST.  As I shared with my children this week, it is a month long celebration of His birth.  Everything from setting up the Christmas tree, to riding around to view light displays, to playing along with the Elf on the Shelf story is all part of celebrating His birthday... it is all about HIM..  this is the reality.

Jesus is making a list.  And only those whose name is written on it will enter into His glory.

Revelations 21:27 says, "Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life."




Is your name written in His book?  It is not too late.  The gift of Jesus coming at Christmas was to purchase your eternal life and your redemption from the grips of hell.  It is a gift, but first you have to accept it.






If you have not yet made the decision to receive Christ as Savior, it is a simple process.  Here is a prayer that you can pray.  (If you would like more information or for us to pray with you, please feel free to email us anytime at agapepuppylove@gmail.com .)  



Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus, for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins.  Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.




Even Santa (St. Nicholas) followed Christ.  Won't you do the same?





Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. As usual Boon, a lovely Sunday Message.

    Love
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elfie lives at the little bipeds home these days, but they all know and understand the true meaning of Christmas is the birth of Christ and not the coming of Santa. Very nice Sunday post again.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are following. And love the season of Advent (prepareing and waiting).
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen.

    Look Up and follow that yonder star:)

    Love your Sunday Sermons:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love your Sunday sermons as well.
    Amen.

    xoxo Chloe and LadyBug and the mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sermon!! Hey you guys have a raising cane's? I thought they were only down here!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Boon, Loved this post but that isn't surprising. So profound and one that will touch everyone that visits. You all are just the best! Sending lots of love your way.
    Noreen & Reggie-dog

    ReplyDelete